FAQs - Jim Corbett National Park1. Where is Corbett Tiger Reserve located?
Corbett National Park is situated in the foothills of the Sub- Himalayan belt in Nainital districts of Uttarakhand state in India, with headquarter stationed at Ramnagar.
2. How do I reach Corbett Tiger Reserve?
Corbett is accessible from Delhi, Moradabad, Nainital, Lucknow, Bareilly and Dehradun by road through regular bus and taxi services. Delhi, Lucknow and Bareilly are connected to major cities in the country by road and rail.
3. Which are the tourism zones in Corbett Tiger Reserve?
Corbett Tiger Reserve has five tourism zones for five exclusive tourism zones namely Bijrani, Jhirna, Durgadevi, Dhikala and Sitabani. The forest department has opened new tourism zone named Dhela.
4. What is the best time to visit Corbett Tiger Reserve?
Corbett Tiger Reserve remains open from 15th November to 30th June every year. Best time to visit Corbett is from November to mid May.
5. What is closed period at Corbett Tiger Reserve?
Corbett Tiger Reserve remains closed for the period from July to October as the monsoon season approaches during these periods. It is so because the roads inside the park get washed away due to rain.
Note: Jhirna, Dhela and Sitabani tourism zones remains open all thorughout the year for tourists.
6. How to book ticket for safari in Corbett Tiger Reserve?
Tickets for park safari can be booked 30 days in advance. Foreign Nationals can ask for booking 90 days in advance. Please note that passport details are mandatory for making reservation of foreign tourists. You can contact us for hassle free jeep safari permits.
7. Are Mobile / Cell phones allowed during jeep safari?
Visitors are allowed to take their mobiles / cell phones on park excursions but do not play any kind of music or sound inside the park.
8. Can I visit all the five zones with one entry permit?
Permits are issued for a particular zone. The safari is permitted only the zone is booked for. The four zones shall remain out of bound for the visitors.
9. How can I reschedule my permit for the safari?
Tickets can only be cancelled and cannot be rescheduled either online or at the entry gates. Please note that the confirmatory amount paid is not refundable.
10. How many vehicles are allowed in Corbett Tiger Reserve for day visit?
180 vehicles are permitted to enter the park per day, including the morning and afternoon drives. Bijrani Zone accommodates 60 vehicles; Jhirna Zone accommodates 60 while Dhela & Durgadevi zones accommodate 15 vehicles per day.
11. How many safaris can be done in Corbett Tiger Reserve in a day?
Visitors to Corbett National Park can do two safaris in a day, one in the morning shift and other during the afternoon shift.
12. How many persons are allowed in one jeep safari?
Only six persons, excluding naturalist and registered jeep driver allowed in a vehicle during the safari on one permit.
13. Where to stay in Corbett Tiger Reserve?
Accommodation facilities are available inside the core area of the forest. Tourists can stay at designated forest lodge namely Dhikala, Jhirna, Sultan and Gairal forest rest house. Apart from these forest lodges several other luxury resorts are also available in the outskirts of Corbett. You may send query for the advance booking.
14. How to book Elephants for rides?
If you want to enjoy elephant safari amidst the jungle of Corbett, first of all you have to book Jeep safari. Please note that elephants are available at Bijrani and Dhikala zones. Visitors can get elephant for rides on the basis of first come - first serve basis.
15. How do I contact for the feasible tour packages in Corbett?
Contact details are as follows:
Mob: +91 9837922166, +91 9997079396